Record Suspension

What is a Pardon / Record Suspension?

January 27, 2021
Rabeea Khalid

A record suspension was formerly known as a pardon. Record suspension simply means that your criminal record will no longer be shared with anyone. All information about your conviction will be removed from the Canadian Police Information Center (CPIC) database and cannot be shared without approval from the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness of Canada. Parole Board of Canada (PBC) is the ONLY official agency authorized to grant or deny a record suspension.

Who is it for? Record suspension is for anyone who has a criminal record in Canada. Anyone above the age of 12 engaged in a criminal activity can have a criminal record. In most cases, the police will charge a person with an offence that falls under the Criminal Code. You get a criminal record once your charge results in a conviction.

Why should you get it? A Criminal record can prevent you from leading a normal Canadian life as your opportunities will be limited in so many different ways. Getting a record suspension will help you reintegrate into Canadian society and start fresh.

Here is how you can start fresh:

We would be more than happy to assist you in making your record suspension journey as quick and easy as possible. Let us help you show a clear path to a fresh start!

Subscribe to Optic Insights

Get industry insights that you won't delete, straight in your inbox.
We use contact information you provide to us to contact you about our relevant content, products, and services. You may unsubscribe from these communications at any time. For information, check out our Privacy Policy.

More Blogs

Criminal Record Suspensions

Woman in B.C allowed to pursue a law career even with a past criminal record

This article gives hope to many people with past criminal records that they are capable of changing their life by taking the necessary steps.

Read Article
Record Suspension

How long do you have to wait to get a pardon/record suspension in Canada?

You are most likely eligible to apply for a record suspension if you have: 1) Completed all your sentences, probation orders, or fines. If you haven't, you must complete them first. If yes; 2) Complete the duration of the waiting period.

Read Article